You may also download our warranty in PDF format by clicking here.
Doors manufactured by PEGG-WHITNEY WOODWORKS are warranted for three years (exterior) and five years (interior) from date of shipment to be of good materials and workmanship and at the time of shipment free from defects which would cause them to be unsuitable for normal recommended uses. Should a warranted door be found defective, buyer’s remedy shall be limited to repair or replacement of the door at PEGG-WHITNEY WOODWORKS’ option.
PEGG-WHITNEY WOODWORKS will be liable only for the work we originally contracted. We will not be responsible for any work not originally performed by us. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any consequential or incidental damages.
The following doors are not covered by this or any other warranty expressed or implied:
- Exterior doors not protected by a substantial overhang or doors exposed to extreme weather conditions
- Doors constructed of solid lumber (i.e. not veneered)
- Plank doors
- Doors wider than 3′-6″
- Doors taller than 8′-0″
- Doors thinner than 1 3/8″
- Doors thinner than 1 3/4″ used for exterior applications
- Exterior doors with different wood species on opposing faces
- Any door not finished according to PEGG-WHITNEY WOODWORKS’ written “HANDLING AND FINISHING INSTRUCTIONS” set forth below
The following are not considered defects in material or workmanship and are not covered by this or any other warranty expressed or implied:
- Wood doors are susceptible to expansion and contraction. Small surface checking, slight shrinking, and tiny cracks at the joints may occur under certain conditions.
- PEGG-WHITNEY WOODWORKS does not warrant against the natural characteristics of wood.
- Warp shall not be considered a defect unless it exceeds 1/4″ in the plane of a 3′ x 8′ area on the face of the door. Warp is any distortion in the door itself and does not refer to the relationship of the door to the frame or jamb in which it is hung. Warp is measured by placing a straight edge or taunt string on the concave face of the door and measuring the maximum distance from the straight edge or string to the door face. Action on any claim for warp may be deferred at PEGG-WHITNEY WOODWORKS’ option for a period not to exceed 12 months from the date of claim to give the door in question time to acclimate to temperature and humidity conditions.
- Panel shrinkage.
- Natural variations in the color, texture, and grain of the wood.
- Knot placement, size, and quantity on “rustic, character, or knotty” grade wood.
- Doors which do not operate properly due to installation problems.
- Any condition arising from neglect or failure to maintain the door.
- Damage arising in, or as a result of shipping by common carrier, private transportation or any other than PEGG-WHITNEY WOODWORKS.
SPECIAL DOOR PANEL LIMITED WARRANTY
Buyer expressly acknowledges that panel cracking and splitting can be natural occurrences. Nevertheless, in the event that one or more panels in a paneled door cracks or splits, and the handling and finishing instructions set forth have been fully complied with, PEGG-WHITNEY WOODWORKS warrants to replace such damaged panels if and only if the door is of such construction that panels are easily removable and replaceable. In the event panels are not removable, warranty shall be limited to repair of panels. In no event will PEGG-WHITNEY WOODWORKS replace a paneled door due to cracking or splitting of panels.
HANDLING AND FINISHING INSTRUCTIONS
Doors constructed by PEGG-WHITNEY WOODWORKS are warranted as set forth in this limited warranty only if the following HANDLING AND FINISHING INSTRUCTIONS are fully complied. Failure to follow the HANDLING AND FINISHING INSTRUCTION shall void this warranty.
All doors must be finished within 48 hours of delivery whether installed or stored. Store doors flat. Do not store in a damp area, any area freshly plastered or drywalled, or area exposed to drying concrete. All doors are factory sanded by PEGG-WHITNEY WOODWORKS; however, finish sanding must be done prior to finishing. Finishing shall be done by customer in a workmanlike manner.
- Doors must be thoroughly sanded with 150 grit sandpaper to remove any surface blemishes, handling marks, and raised grain.
- Apply a good quality sealer or primer to entire door including all four edges, cutouts for hardware, mortises for hinges, and the jamb. If doors are installed prior to sealing all hardware and weather-stripping must be removed to thoroughly seal these areas.
- After sealing, sand lightly with 400 grit sandpaper before finishing.
- For stained exterior doors apply three coats of high quality exterior grade finish (UVA spar varnish). Sand lightly with 400 grit sandpaper between coats. Apply all coats to entire door including all four edges, cutouts for hardware, mortises for hinges, and the jamb. For interior stained doors apply three coats of high quality varnish following the same process.
- For painted doors apply three coats of high quality exterior grade paint to entire door including all four edges, cutouts for hardware, mortises for hinges, and the jamb.
- If door has been finished prior to site fitting, any newly cut edges must be sealed and finished.
- Most finishes deteriorate relatively quickly. Inspect the door periodically for finish deterioration. Annual maintenance is recommended.
- Failure to follow these guidelines will void warranty, and any associated damage will not be covered by this or any other warranty expressed or implied.
Doors manufactured by PEGG-WHITNEY WOODWORKS are not covered by any other warranty expressed or implied. PEGG-WHITNEY WOODWORKS expressly disclaims any and all warranties of merchantability and warranties of fitness for a particular purpose. PEGG-WHITNEY WOODWORKS will not be responsible for any costs related to repairing or replacing the original door except as provided in this warranty.